Wednesday, March 15, 2006

art puns and more



Here is my latest creation. I made this mosaic for my nephew Art. My sister loves puns so I call this masterpiece, Framed Art. Depsite Julie's advice that the current trend in mosaic-ing is to go groutless, I do plan to grout this piece.


I also finally made these house numbers that I've been talking about forever. I'm going to do the grouting all at once because of the mess. I might even wait until I make some more stuff and just have a grout party! You're all invited!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Both pieces are wonderful! I especially like the Art piece. Just to clarify: not grouting isn't a trend with all kinds of materials. Grout is still wonderful, especially if there are any sharp corners.

15/3/06 12:10 PM  
Blogger Dr Em said...

the stripey road plates are isaac mizrahi for target. oooh fancy. they had a bunch at goodwill in roseville. the plate selection there is not bad but of course it is no value village.

15/3/06 1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home