Thursday, March 02, 2006

My first quilt!

Thanks to help and inspiration from Anna, I've been working on my first quilt for the last couple of months. I started the actual process of quilting over President's day and I'm close to being finished. I still need to figure out how to bind the edges. It's definitely a work in progress and a learning experience! Any advice or suggestions for what to change on the next one is welcome!

Here's the full size version (sorry for the nasty flash, but I haven't been home in daylight hours in forever)


And here is a close up of the fabric and stitches. Note the fancy stitches (and my poor execution -- I really need some lessons on sewing straight and keeping an even tension, but I figure the best thing for now is repetition).

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This is beautiful! The fabrics make me think that there's a story being told from a distance and from a really close up view. Nice!

5/3/06 9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home