Friday, July 08, 2005

the state fair

Fellow craft goddesses, I am sorry I missed the Craft Conspiracy meeting last night. I had some friends in town unexpectedly. I promise to attend the next meeting!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I always enjoy looking at all the crafts in the creative activities building at the Minnesota State Fair. Everything from quilts and crochet to pickles and jam serves to amaze and inspire my crafty self. In fact, for a long time I have dreamed of entering something in the state fair. A couple of years ago, my mom entered a pound cake in a baking competition. She didn't win a ribbon, but it is an honor just to make it into the display case because not everyone does. Yesterday I pre-registered to enter a piece in the category of Mosaic, on a flat surface. I am entering this rooster mirror that I made over the winter when Julie and I took a mosaic class. The mirror has a total state fair motif going on with the poultry and hints of a blue ribbon.



I encourage all crafters to enter something in the Fair. You can register on-line. It's easy and then when I go to the fair I can admire your handiwork.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool. I am going to enter the state fair in the pound cake and knitted (felted object) categories.

Sorry I missed the meeting last night, too. Hope to meet you all in person soon.

8/7/05 1:16 PM  
Blogger Dr Em said...

i have had friends come to town to experience the great minnesota get together and they were not disappointed! they might even come back this year!

22/7/05 12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home