Wednesday, June 15, 2005

mosaic table with bird


mosaic table with bird
Originally uploaded by reuben sandwich.


This is my first post to the Craft Conspiracy group blog. I'm really excited because I have always wanted to be part of a group blog and I love crafts. By the way, check out my blog.

My latest crafting passion is mosaics. This is a picture of the project I am currently working on. It is the largest mosaic project I have attempted thus far. I got the table in the As-Is section at Ikea. A great place to find mosaic substrate and they have fabric remnants too. I am planning to fill in the spaces with smooth river stones. Thanks to Shad and Anna, who pointed me in the direction of Patio Town. I am going there this weekend to find some river stones. The stones have to be flat and smooth since this is a table and I would like to be able to set my drink on it. In the meantime, I am debating whether or not to put a border around the circumference. Any thoughts?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Emily this looks great! I think the ribbons already work really well as a type of border--the rocks will be beautiful in the background.

15/6/05 3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home